The life simulator game franchise Sims has been known to provide players with indulgent and extensive real-life experiences that they can enjoy via their avatars. The latest offering in the franchise, The Sims 4, is no exception. Alongside a slew of new goals and activities, one in particular that has caught the attention of fans is the ability to Sim 4 write the song.
Why Engage in Songwriting?
Of the many possibilities in the Sim 4 world, writing songs is something everybody should certainly try. Here are some reasons why –
- Firstly, songwriting is a great creative expression that can also be very fun to do. It is relaxing and fun, and who knows, it may even inspire a real-life passion.
- Sims also can earn through their music, both in the form of tips and through licensing. While this may not be enough to live on, it’s a side-hustle that can help pay for a lot of the upgrades one might have an eye on.
Thus, playing music on sims four combines both the money and the fun aspect of the game and is thus a great way to pass the video game time.
Tips for Songwriting
Players who are interested in Sim 4 write song should keep an eye on the following tips and tricks to get composing as soon as possible
- Firstly, songwriting is not available to everybody. Sims avatars need to have at least a level 8 on a particular instrument to compose their music on it. So, the first important point is to get a musical instrument and focus only on that one for the time being.
- Leveling up requires constant time and effort on the instrument, so one should dedicate some of the gameplay time solely to this activity. Regularity is the only way to reach level 8 quickly.
- Sims who have musical traits have better odds of reaching level eight and get writing quickly. So if multiple sims are in play, one should choose the one with musical abilities if possible.
- Playing in public invites tips from other sims. Thus, always try to compose music out in the open, as it would help both experience points and get some money on the side.
- Players always have the option to step back and get back to songwriting at some later time. Incomplete and completed songs can be found in the sims’ instrument’s inventory, so don’t worry if a break is needed.
- Like any human being (or virtual avatar) learning a new instrument, it will be some time before a sim can write anything that can be considered good by objective standards. So it is prudent to wait a while before licensing songs.
- The ability to license songs comes to players when the sim reaches level 9, so use the time between level 8 and 9 to practice a lot.
With these tips and tricks, anybody can get songwriting on The Sims 4 and enjoy the outcomes.