When you are operating the Windows OS, there are a lot of threads which are used to keep your daily functions running. Crss.exe is one of them. It is a crucial part of the Windows operating system. Before the Window NT 4.0 was released back in 1996, this subsystem was actually responsible for the graphical system, overall management of the windows, and also used to manage different windows functions. So, you can understand that it holds quite a lot of importance in the Windows OS. But, after Windows NT 4.0 was launched, several of these functions were shifted to Kernel System from the Client Server Runtime Process.
However, the Csrss.exe process still manages to be a part of the Windows OS. When you are running a business, it is always essential that you keep your PC safe at all times. A single malware or virus can infect your whole system. That leads to unprecedented losses in the long run both in terms of monetary and time. In case you witness that your Windows OS has turned to being sluggish and responds late, then there is a big possibility that it is infected with the CSRSS Virus. Yes! It is officially known as the W32/Nettsky.ab@MMt and is a legitimate file present in the windows operating system.
So what are you going to do in such a situation? Well, there is a great way in which you can get rid of it. Take a look at the steps.
Removing CSRSS.exe File With Regedit
Here are the crucial steps that you have to follow if you want to remove the CSRSS Virus from the Windows operating system.
Step 1. Verify the Csrss.exe File
- Right click on the windows Taskbar and open the Task Manager from the context menu or start menu
- Click on the “Processes” tab and then you will see a list of all the different kinds of processes that are running on the operating system right now
- Each of these processes will have its name and you have to find the csrss.exe file from this list. Right click on the file after you have found it and then click on Delete from the menu. If the Windows prompts you to not delete it, then the file is absolutely normal. However, if it doesn’t not give any prompt, then the file is now a virus
Step 2. Deleting Csrss.exe With Regedit
- Click on the Start menu and select Run from the menu. Type “regedit.exe” in the Run box and a new tab will open
- Backup all the system’s registry before you are going to make any changes. Now, click on “File” on the Regedit menu and select Export. Save the registry file which was just exported. Send it to a safe location in the HDD or any other external storage device.
- Click on “Edit” in the Regedit menu and then on the “Find” option.
- Type “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Csrss.exe” on the Find option box and then click on “Find Next” in order to search for the file.
- Right click on “csrss.exe” file that is available in the search results and then select “Delete” from the context menu.
- Click on “File” and then “Exit” so that you can close the Regedit page.
So, these are the different steps you have to follow in order to remove and disable CSRSS Virus from your Windows operating system. Make sure to follow all the steps and visit LiUtilities to know more about such files.